Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Today


This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)


Today is a special day for me as I’m reminded of God’s love and the love found at
Sound Doctrine Church.

Lives are laid down for one another, single moms are cared for, the lonely are set in families, orphans are adopted, needs are met, gifts are given to the poor, lives are changed, sins are overcome, children learn to love and obey their parents, parents learn to love their children, families grow closer, and marriages are saved.


You are my God, and I will give You thanks. You are my God; I will exalt You. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever. (Psalm 118:28-29)


Like the first church, enemies of the cross label
Sound Doctrine a cult. Nothing could be further from the truth, but the attack is not surprising as Scripture promises all who want to live a godly life will be persecuted.

In fact, all those who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. (2 Timothy 3:12)


It’s difficult, if not impossible, to adequately describe the love experienced at
Sound Doctrine. It truly remains the fragrance of life (2 Corinthians 2:14-16).

I recall my first visit clearly. After years of attending churches where leaders led with human wisdom, with rule upon rule and even coerced monetary contributions, I became speechless because of the love I felt at
Sound Doctrine. All my talk, all my words simply escaped me. I could only declare, “God is really among you!” (1 Corinthians 14:25)

Praise God! He had led me to a body of believers who truly wanted to deny themselves, pick up their crosses daily and follow Jesus (Luke 9:23)! God had answered my prayer.


For He says: In an acceptable time, I heard you, and in the day of salvation, I helped you. Look, now is the acceptable time; look, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:2)


Gone are the days of fearing church leaders. Gone are the days of emotional alter calls which only left me empty. Gone are the days of man-made rules. Gone are the days of schemes to increase attendance and thus tithes. Gone are the days of forced contributions.


Never, not once, have I been asked to give money to
Sound Doctrine Church. Indeed, an offering plate is never passed. Instead, each member gives what he has decided in his heart to give (2 Corinthians 9:7), and my own family has received many generous gifts.

You see, God works a love among us that only He can through His Spirit. As we hate our own lives as Jesus taught, God fills us with His pure love. That’s what
hating for Jesus is all about – love!

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, and even his own life--he cannot be My disciple. (Luke 14:26)


The Spirit is the One who gives life. The flesh doesn't help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. (John 6:63)


Now is the acceptable time. Now is the time to be led by God’s Spirit.


All those led by God's Spirit are God's sons. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father!" (Romans 8:14-15)


And so today I praise God for His goodness, for His
mercy, for His grace and for His love.

You are my God, and I will give You thanks. You are my God; I will exalt You. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever. (Psalm 118:28-29)


Do not be hardened by the lies you’ve heard, but rather be encouraged – Today!


But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. (Hebrews 3:13)



Listen to “The Most Important Sermon,” available
here.

Download a free copy of eau de Cult, available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment